Clean Refrigerator Drawers and Shelves in Dishwasher

I hate cleaning my refrigerator, so I'm always thinking of ways to make it easier. I have a side by side one. I take my shelves and drawers out, and wash them in the dishwasher. The dishwasher done a great job cleaning them. I just two at a time and that way I don't have to empty the all the food out. All I have to do it just wipe the walls and the bottom out. I hope this helps another busy mom out.

By MomSc2002 from Greenwood, SC

Editor's Note: Some drawers are not dishwasher safe and can be damaged by the hot temperatures.

I'd check first to see if they are dishwasher safe.

My husband and I have been doing this for years. We had a side by side and a regular fridge that has the split shelves. If you are worried about it being dishwasher safe just don't set the drying on the machine. Makes cleaing the fridge a breeze.

My husband and I have been doing this for years. We had a side by side and a regular fridge that has the split shelves. If you are worried about it being dishwasher safe just dontt set the drying on the machine. Makes cleaing the fridge a breeze.

I despise cleaning a refrigerator, always have. I think all that leaning and bending over just wore me out. When it was time for a new fridge, we got one that has the freezer in the bottom. Now my refrigerator stays clean. I like not having to wonder what that strange container is way in the bottom, in the back.

Something else helpful I like to prevent having to do a lot of labor-intensive cleaning in there, is this: get a roll of that plastic wrap that is sticky on one side, and line the fridge shelves with that as you clean them. That way a spill can be taken care of without much impact to the shelf itself-just remove the liner and replace it. There's no direct food contact, if using this around food bothers you. Then you only have to put the shelves in the dishwasher occasionally to easily sanitize them. (a bonus use for that wrap that doesn't involve direct food contact-it works great to use for a hot oil, deep conditioning, or henna treatment-won't get too tight, perfect fit, no leakage, and won't slip off until you take it off!)

Cleaning Your Refrigerator
Cleaning Your Refrigerator
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJune 15, 2009
Man putting in Corner Shelves
Building Corner Shelves
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Woman with disgusted face by refrigerator
Removing Odors from a Refrigerator
🎉
🎄