Vanilla Ice Cream

This is NOT my recipe, someone else, an angel, put this on Thrifty Fun, I get all my information off of this site, well here goes. This is what I did.

• 1 pint half and half
  • 2 cartons of unwhipped whipping cream (each are 1/2 pint, I believe)
  • 1 can (14 oz) can Eagle brand milk (I just used generic)
  • 2 Tbps. Vanilla extract

I put all this right in my metal Ice cream container, stirred it up, then put the lid on the container, put the metal container into my freezer for about 4 hours. It wasn't solid yet, thank the Lord, I then put it in the Ice Cream machine, let the machine do its work. When it was finished I took out the mixer bar (whatever it's called), it was still just a tad bit soft, put M&M's in it and put it back in my freezer for about 3 or 4 hours.

Wow! Solid! It takes a few minutes to thaw good enough to even get through to dish it up. Family loves it! Thank you whoever you are that put this recipe out there for me to find it , please! Tell me what and when to put in to make chocolate, I may have to experiment. Thank you ThriftyFun for being there for me, you have answers for me when I need them.

By jamish from Ransom, Kansas

Editors Note: I couldn't find the exact recipe on our site. Thanks to whoever originally submitted it and to Jamish for sharing it again.

Actually its me again, Jamish, I tried mixing the ingredients together, same ones, 1/2 & 1/2 , unwhipped whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, and of course vanilla extract, you know what? Put it all in your bowl, mix it up. Put it in your freezer. I made some last night before bed, and this morning it is froze. Good stuff, didnt even use my Ice Cream maker machine. Mix it all together in a bowl, stir real good, put bowl in freezer, next morning, or later in the day, DONE. This acturally worked for me. hehehe, Im so surprised, my idea actually worked. I can usually copy other peoples ideas, and lots of times they work, but not LOTs of my ideas, but this one worked. YEA!

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts Ice CreamJuly 3, 2007
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes
Homemade vanilla extract in a glass bottle.
Making Vanilla Extract
Vanilla frosting on a lemon layer cake.
Vanilla Frosting Recipes