Halloween Popcorn Hand Party Favor

These favors are always a hit with children and adults too. They get a kick out of receiving the favor because of the "novelty" of the use of the glove.

• clear plastic gloves (food service type)
  • microwave popcorn
  • corn candy
  • spider rings
  • colorful yarn

Directions:

Open glove and put a piece of corn candy into the tip of each finger. These are the "fingernails". Fill the gloves with cooked and cooled popcorn. Tie with colorful yarn and put spider ring on one finger.

You can buy a package of 100 of these gloves at the Dollar Tree. I apologize for not having the candy corn and spider ring on the one I did hurriedly today to give you the idea of the finished product. The most difficult part is getting the popcorn down into the finger parts, but well worth the reaction of those who receive them!

Source: From either Woman's Day or Family Circle magazine approximately 10 years ago.

By southeastgeorgiapeach from Jesup, GA

omgosh, he is is really cute! Thanks

i make these too but i drop candy corns in the fingers first of each hand and then add popcorn i also drizzle red choc over the pop corn looks like blood and then i add spider rings on the hand 1 or 2 and tie off with halloween ribbon always a hit!!!

I sometimes use "Fiddle Faddle" or "Cracker Jack" mixed in with the regular popcorn for that "rotting zombie" look. Dark roasted pecan or walnut halves work well as infected fingernails. Caramels cut into quarters and rolled in warm toasted coconut is creepy looking enough to be called hairy warts. Adding toasted nuts and shaped mallow creme candies inside the palm is the hidden treat. These are always a hit!

I cannot thank you enough for posting where you found the gloves for this! I had already tried six stores! I never would have thought of dollar tree if not for your post! Thank you very much! You saved me! Happy Halloween!

cute idea I have lots of those gloves

so now a fun idea also I have some

very old jello that I was tossing it is red/cherry

so I will fill a couple of gloves with that!!!

good idea made us think too!!!

Please, Please, Please, be sure to make sure the gloves do not contain any powders or chemicals that most "rubber" gloves have. Many plastics, even from the grocery store, are NOT food safe. For example, the clear produce bags are not safe if turned inside out. The outside of the bag has stuff on it that is toxic. Just be safe.

Editor's Note: She recommends plastic food handling gloves which should be safe to use on food. Using other types of gloves would not be recommended.

OMG i did this when i was in kindergarden for my mum! -Lilly- Paris,France

cheese ball in jar
Halloween Party Food Ideas
Crafts HalloweenOctober 28, 2008
Wedding Favor Ideas for a Valentine's Day Wedding, White and red boxes for Valentine's Day wedding favors.
Valentine's Day Wedding Favor Ideas
Jack-O-Lantern Stuffed Bell Peppers
Making Jack-O'-Lantern Stuffed Bell Peppers
Halloween Tongue Sausage
Making Halloween Tongue Sausages
Making Party Favor Bags
Making Party Favor Bags
🎉
🎄