Compress Treatment for a Sty

My neighbors youngest son had a sty on his eye lid. A sty is a plugged-up oil gland or sweat pore on your eyelid. I remember what a doctor once recommended for my son and told them about it.

Place a compress, simply a clean cloth soaked in hot water. (Be careful and make sure it isn't too hot.) Place it over the sty and leave it there for about 10 minutes. Do this 4 or 5 times a day. This should open the blocked gland. If it doesn't recede after 3 or 4 days, you should go see your eyecare doctor. This method worked for the youngster.

The way to prevention is good old soap and water. This will reduce chances of developing a sty.

By Gladys H.

Sorry...I don't like the 'invasiveness' of the sty that long. I just hold my eyelid that's infected while I take a matchbook cover (or credit/debit card) and scrape over the sty to release it. Of course you must be careful not to scratch the eyeball. Works every time for me.

Happy Holidays...

Mary McLuckie

See your Doctor. It may be easy to cure with an antibiotic ointment or drops. As the "bump" grows, it becomes painful as it presses on the eyeball.

Close up of a woman's eyes.
Home Remedies for a Stye
Health & Beauty Home RemediesNovember 28, 2004
A blister on a leg
Treating Leg Blisters
Veterinarian taking a blood sample from a cat.
Finding a Veterinarian That Accepts Payments
Preventing and Treating Nosebleeds, Concerned Boy With Bloody Nose
Preventing and Treating Nosebleeds
Kitchen Window Treatment
Kitchen Window Treatment Color Advice