How Do I Clean the Metallic Taste from Stainless Steel?

I would like to know how to clean the metallic taste from stainless steel?

By anish.m.n from India

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I am not sure how to get the metallic flavor out but stainless steel is prone to have/get that problem when cleaned with soaps that contain citrus ingredients. Most likely even acidic food of any kind might be causing the problem depending on the stainless steel.

December 27, 2011 Flag

How do I get the metallic taste out of a stainless steel carafe?

By Kim

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I know you can fill stainless steel water bottles it with half distilled vinegar and half filtered or distilled water, leave it overnight, and then rinse it. That keeps the metallic taste away, but it does sometimes have to be repeated later. I think that's a result of oxidation, and that the vinegar removes that oxidated layer. I know vinegar works extremely well for getting coffee and tea stains off glass, plastic, and stainless. Let us know how it goes!

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceMay 11, 2011
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
Cleaning a stainless steel dishwasher.
Cleaning Fingerprints Off Stainless Steel
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 2:59:52 PM on 10.0.1.122 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.