Macaroni Salad Recipes

I would like some macaroni salad recipes.

By Linda from Fremont, NH

I start out with however much and type of pasta that I want to use, then add some diced hard boiled eggs, tuna, chopped onion and celery, then add whatever seasonings, that I want to use, a little sugar, and add some sweet relish, and mayo. Then I add whatever I have on hand in the line of diced cucumber, radishes, tomato, etc. This is one of the dishes that my Mother taught me to prepare by using some of this and some of that.

I use this recipe as a guideline:

It makes a HUGE amount (the stated 6 servings must be for giants!), so I usually halve the macaroni part, but keep the dressing part the same, because I don't like dry pasta salad. I skip the bell pepper and celery, because we don't like it in our salad, and I just use sweet pickle relish instead of the chopped sweet pickles & juice. I'll usually add some frozen peas (I put the frozen peas in the colander before draining the macaroni over them) and some shredded cheddar cheese.

You can probably tell, it's a forgiving recipe. Experiment a bit and make changes. Best of luck -- I hope you find a recipe you love!

I love this Macaroni Salad with Tuna and Sweet Pickles. So delicious. ... i-salad-with-tuna-and-sweet-pickles/

For a bigger meal-size salad, this one is great: ... -sausage-dried-apricots-and-walnuts/

My mother in law gave me this recipe. Any amount of macaroni that you like. Cut up cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, onion, green pepper diced. For the dressing, use mayonaise, vinegar and sugar. There is no exact measurements for this, just make it so that it is sweetly vinegary. if that makes sense. Boil a couple of eggs to place on top or mix in.

I get requests for this all the time.

1 box elbows. cooked according to directions, rinsed in cold water to cool.

I large green pepper, diced

1 large onion, diced

mayonnaise, as much as you'd like, I always add more because the elbows will soak up a lot of the mayo and the salad will be dry.

Stir all ingredients together, cover and refrigerate for several hours.

I use cooked macaroni just until tender, bell pepper, cukes, tom, cheese (med), white onions,boiled eggs, I chopped all this first and let drain then add to macaroni with mayo.

This is a recipe I got from my grandmother. I use 1 lb. of elbow macaroni pasta. Cook according to the directions. Drain it and let it cool for a little bit. After cooling I do the following to taste. I use Miracle Whip Dressing and Sweet Salad Cubes, Salt & Pepper, sometimes I add a little Paprika. My hubby likes to add cooked bacon. You can also add chopped up Apple. This is a very generic recipe that you can add anything that you want. Again, this is an all to taste recipe. This also stores pretty well in the Fridge for a week or so. I hope you enjoy.

Make your pasta big shells go good in this one

Rinse, let cool.

Mix in one can tuna, one can rinsed kidney beans.

Chopped small onions mix in miracle whip.

Black olives are good if you have some on hand.

Either way this is a great dinner salad.

One large package salad macaroni

1 large green bell pepper

1 small can pimento

One bunch green onions

4 stocks salary

6 hard boiled eggs

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1 p. sandwich spread

1 tbsp. Prepared Mustard

1 tbsp. paprika

1 tbsp. garlic salt

1 tbsp. cayenne pepper

Boil the macaroni to just done, drained and run under cold water to cool, while macaronis cooking cut peppers, onions and celery into medium sized pieces.

Mix all dressing ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly pour and cooled macaroni and chopped vegetables, gently mix in chopped hard boiled eggs.

It is even better the second day.

Here's my favorite way to make a good mac salad. Cook 1lb. macaroni according to directions; drain and rinse with cold water. While macaroni is cooking dice up the following: 3-4 stalks of celery, 1 medium onion, 3-4 whole dill pickles, 3-4 hard boiled eggs, 1 can black olives and 3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed. Add this to macaroni in a large bowl then add a good heaping cup of Miracle Whip or more (the macaroni will soak it up while it sits so use as much to make it really moist), 1 teaspoon yellow mustard, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, salt and pepper. I think using the chopped whole pickles and the garlic is why this taste so yummy. I also use these same ingredients for my potato salad. Hope you like it Linda and thanks for the post because now I'm going to try some of these other recipes. They all sound good. :)

Macaroni Salad With Chopped Peppers on Top
Macaroni Salad Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Salads PastaSeptember 7, 2010
tuna macaroni salad
Tuna Macaroni Salad Recipes
Chicken Macaroni Salad
Chicken Macaroni Casserole Recipes
Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Wood Salad Bowl
Caring For Wood Salad Bowls