Stains on Lace

I need to know the best way to remove stains from lovely lace. The stain looks like it has set but I do not know what it is. My item was found at an estate auction and I want to get it looking good again without harming it. Thanks so much for any help.

NellieMary from West Virginia

I have had luck with covering the spot with lemon juice then sprinkle a lot of salt snd lay the item out in the sun i left my item out all day ,I took rust stains out of a white blouse for my Daughter in law !!

Good luck!

If it's not too old a piece, take a chance. Use Amy Dacyzn's formula: 1 cup Calgon and 1 cup dry all-fabric bleach in five gallons of the hottest tap water you have. Soak overnight. I have had amazing success with this. However, I have never used it on an antique.

Well, can you darken the rest of the lace to match if all else fails?

Vintage Lace
Removing Stains From Antique Lace
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsJuly 21, 2006
Lace Tablecloth
Removing Grease Stains on a Lace Tablecloth
Queen Anne's Lace
Getting Rid of Queen Anne's Lace
lace close up
Lace Shaping
Lace Tablecloth
Repairing a Lace Tablecloth
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 12:11:18 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.