Helping the Redness from a Burn Fade

I recently got a pretty good burn from the inside of my oven door on the inside of the lower arm. Now I am left with a red mark. Is there any way to fade the redness? This has been about 3 months ago. It looks like a birth mark. Thanks.

By Julie from Kamloops, B.C.

I'd get myself to a dermatologist right away. That just doesn't sound normal.

I hope you'll see a doctor. Bless you.

That is scar tissue. You need to see a doctor. This could also indicate more going on with your health. I had a bruise on the top of my foot that would not go away, it created a scar. This was an indicator of diabetes for me. This condition took a long time to heal.

It's just going to take some time for the redness to fade, but it's very important to keep it protected from the sun to completely heal.

That part of the arm takes a long time to heal as there is no pigment there. Just like it never tans in those areas. Take it from someone who has worked in restaurant kitchens and have gotten many burns there, it will go away but it will take a long time. I'm looking at a scar that is still on my arm from about a year ago but it is fading.

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceJuly 3, 2010
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Facial Redness
Remedies for Facial Redness
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed