Drain fat from cooked beef to lower the amount of fat and calories.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, cubed
- 3 1/2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
1. In a skillet, brown the ground beef and drain off the fat.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Cook over medium heat and cover skillet until boiling. Reduce to low heat and simmer for 35 minutes. Serve hot.
Yield:8 servings--Serving size: 1 1/3 cups
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 3 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Sodium: 125 mg
Calcium: 33 mg
Iron: 2 mg
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 10, 2016 at 8:33:50 AM on 10.0.0.227 in 889 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us