Trouble Painting Laminate Counter Top

I need some help. I painted my countertops with granite spray and used a water based poly on top (4 coats). That was 3 days ago. They feel dry to the touch, but are soft enough to leave marks.

What can I do to fix this problem? There is also a few milky streaks when you look just right in the light. Anyone know why? I waited the 2 hours in between that it suggested. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

By Janmarie from IA

For future reference, when painting standard counter tops you should use a product specifically for that purpose. Here's a link to a DIYer that used Rustoleum's counter top paint:

http://christen  countertops.html

I have no advice on the current problem though.

If your granite spray is an oil-based paint, that could be the problem. Putting a water-based paint over an oil-based paint can cause bubbling and peeling. If your paint store has knowledgeable employees, they might know how to solve your problem.

I painted my laminate countertops. I did my 14 foot long countertops and they came out good. I started doing my 4 foot counter and disaster hit. I believe i did the same technique as the other countertops. I sand then apply the minwax polycrylic and it keeps crackling. I let it dry for 24 hours then sand down again and the same thing happens when I apply another coat. I have repeated these steps 4 times already.

I believe the coats of clear coat were not fully dry because there was very hot and humid weather even though to the touch it was dry. My question is should I leave the countertop alone for about a week then sand it down then apply the polycrylic or should I sand it down now then wait a week to apply the polycrylic? I'm figuring maybe I could give it some time for the under coats to get hard.

Please help!