Removing Pet Stains and Odors

To make your own pet stain odor remover measure 4 oz. of hydrogen peroxide (sold in bottles of 3% to 6% of H2o2) in a glass measuring cup. Add slightly more than a 1/2 tsp. of baking soda and a drop of clear "Method" handwashing soup (sold at Lowe's and Giant) to the mixture. Stir quickly with a plastic spoon and then pour the liquid onto the pet stain.

It is important that you let the liquid dry completely on the spot. I usually mark the wet spot by placing a paper towel over the area so that no one will step on the spot. You will be able to tell right away that the mixture neutralizes the ammonia smell almost immediately. I have an older dog who has accidents on occasion and this works wonders. As a note, if I find the spot immediately I will use a towel soaked in hot water and wick up as much of the urine as possible before I use the peroxide mixture.

By Murtlemay from Camp Hill, PA

Editor's Note: As with any cleaning solution, it's best to pretest it on an inconspicuous piece of carpet or a carpet remnant.

Cleaning Carpet
Removing Pet Stains from Carpet
Pets Pet StainsMay 7, 2010
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Pug puppy wearing devil horns and tail costume laying with head down next to cleaning bucket with rubber gloves, sponges, and various cleaning supplies
Cleaning Dog Poop Stains Off a Rug
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
🎉
🎄