Painting Privacy Lines on a Shower Door

How can I repair my shower doors. From cleaning them, I have removed some of the paint lines that are used for privacy. This has been the result of using a harsh cleaning agent. Can I repaint them with special paint or is this not repairable?

Nancy from Guelph. Ontario, Canada

Answers

Here in the States you can buy spray cans of a special paint that will make clear glass "frosty" for privacy, but I don't know if it is available in Canada. I think it is made by Krylon or Rustoleum, but I'm not sure; found it at Wal-mart. Also, it is not a permanent product, and it can be removed (I think with a solvent specified on the can) if it is not to your liking. If you can find this spray paint, you could tape off the area to reflect the original design and then spray paint the doors. I would probably spray over the outside of the doors, because I don't know how the paint would hold up long term on the inside with water hitting it every day. Also, you might have to spray over all of the original design after taping if the missing area doesn't look the same as the original after you've spray-painted it. Hope this helps!

truerblue in PA

Home and Garden Repair Home BathroomNovember 22, 2005
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Fixing a Shower Door Latch
Fixing a Shower Door Latch
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
House Surround by Plants
Adding Privacy With Plants
🎉
🎄