Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

1994 Ford Ranger Heater is Not Working

0EmailPrintFollowSave

My 94 Ranger has a heater problem that I can not figure out. First off the the temp gauge does the windshield wiper thing, up and down, up and down. To make matters worse, often there is no heat. I have changed the thermostat and that didn't help. The top hose from the radiator does get warm, sometimes the heater hose gets hot. I've flushed the system once already. Any ideas?

Richard from Waterford, CT

By

Best AnswersAnswer this Question

These answers have been rated the best for this question.

By Jan 12 12/01/2008 Flag

Sounds remotely like a possible plugged heater core, to flush take both heater hoses off and flush with a garden hose.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Harry (Guest Post) 12/01/2008 Flag

You could check for a broken head gasket. Check the oil on the dip stick and see if there is any water mixing with the oil. Or take it to your mechanic and he will check the oil.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Mary (Guest Post) 12/20/2008 Flag

My husband had the same problem with our 93 Ranger. Several years ago, after driving for 2 Chicago winters with no heat (he tried all the usual stuff), I suggested he SOAK the heater core in CLR over night. Then he flushed it SEVERAL times with clear water, reinstalled it and it still works fine! He is toasty warm...of course NOW the Air Conditioner does not work...but his window does!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Steve (Guest Post) 12/03/2008 Flag

I have the same problem with my 93 Ranger. Did the core flushing and all new coolent, but the temp gauge still does not climb to where it should be. Don't think there is any air trap in anywhere. Had put a new t-stat in about 3/4 of a year ago, so it should still be good, Right? Starting to get cold up here, so heat would be nice. Any ideas where to look next?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes