Getting the Best Price on a Paper Shredder

Please tell me where to shop for a paper shredder for the home. I am looking for one on sale. Where is the best place to look: Kmart, Sam's Club, Office Depot, or where? The ones online are not on sale, thanks very much.

By kffrmw88 from Dothan, AL

I have 2. I got them at garage sales for $1! Doesn't hurt to check :) especially these days.

I went shopping today, got a paper shredder from Sam's club for $29.99. Thanks for the answers I received, good luck.

I see that you already have your shredder. I am glad. Next time you need office type supplies, you could check at some offices, or even small mom and pop companies that sell office supplies, and ask if they have any used items (that they used in the business) that they don't want anymore, or were thinking of replacing. Some of them will be happy to sell their unneeded, used items this way.

Go to your local Good Will store that is where I find most of the things that we want AND then some, ha!

I bought one for my mom a few years ago from Walmart, about $20. The only problem with it is that after a while it gets tired and needs a break, almost like the battery is running low, but it's plugged in. I don't know if that's normal or not. Hopefully you can find one at a yard sale. Also, some recycling plants do paper shredding for free.

I, like other posts on here, purchased mine at Walmart also. Have been using it for 3 years now. After using for awhile you do need to let them 'cool down' (don't know how else to say it :-) I try never to do two or more sheets at a time as it does tend to slow done a bit. One major fault I'm dissatisfied with is this: It is supposed to be a cross-cut shredder (it worked that way for awhile), but now only does strip shredding. Years back I purchased one from Office Max (on sale) and it too was supposed to be a cross-cut shredder. (Same results as above one from Walmart). It eventually gave out and had to be replaced. I cannot afford to purchase another one at this time and don't need too - yet, but wonder if only the really expensive ones continue to do the cross-cut shredding over time? Still love having one though! (^-^)

Consumer Advice Product FinderJuly 1, 2009
Square version of tree top.
Making Recycled Paper Mini Trees
Paper pieced quilt top, endless chains pattern.
Making a Paper Pieced Quilt
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎄
🍂