Binder for Organizing Craft Projects

For organizing craft projects, I use binders for project ideas with protective sleeves. I also keep a list of items needed to finish a project. So in one sleeve would be the pattern for a cross-stitch project and a list of items for finishing the project. This way, when I get ready to do the project, I know what I need. Then I get out the Ziploc bags to store the items needed to finish the project and place them in binder as well. I will punch holes and use reinforcements or clear nail polish to keep the holes from spreading. I use a large bag to hold the material (Aida cloth). I do about 6 at a time so that when I have all items on hand.

This saves time, as I then have one list with items to purchase for the things I do not have on hand, I don't need to search all the storage units, but one time, I have all of these in a basket. Then when I go shopping I take a dry eraser and the list in the plastic sleeve and get the items crossed off when I pick them up. I also keep a sleeve in the binder to track what I spent on the purchases, so if I sell them I can have the cost already laid out if questioned.

I also have 2 large white binders that I keep all patterns and ideas in that are stored in a craft organizer with wheels and is stored in closet, along with all my tools. Hope this helps someone out.

I also found a perfect storage unit. If I had the money and space for it I would have gotten it. It's called the original scrapbox at theoriginalscrapbox.com. It is ideal for all crafts and has a work space that folds up. They come in several sizes. This site also has other storage items to purchase

By Carol from Minot, ND

I just finished reading about how patterns, etc are stored. It is such a wonderful world when I read about how organized many of you are. I have my own system and it varies from week to week but it works for me and gets better each time I have to search for something. I will certainly remember each "tip" when it is time to re-organize. The main point is: keep on "crafting" or "sewing" or doing whatever u enjoy. Best wishes to each and everyone. Without my hobbies, life would be very unattractive and dull. Take care.

Craft Scissors and Paper
Organizing Craft Projects
Crafts MiscellaneousFebruary 21, 2011
Votive Wrapped in Twine
Candle Craft Ideas
Binder Clip Yarn Bowl
Making a Binder Clip Yarn Bowl
Photo of three red bricks.
Craft Ideas for Bricks
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
🎉
🎄