Binder for Organizing Craft Projects

For organizing craft projects, I use binders for project ideas with protective sleeves. I also keep a list of items needed to finish a project. So in one sleeve would be the pattern for a cross-stitch project and a list of items for finishing the project. This way, when I get ready to do the project, I know what I need. Then I get out the Ziploc bags to store the items needed to finish the project and place them in binder as well. I will punch holes and use reinforcements or clear nail polish to keep the holes from spreading. I use a large bag to hold the material (Aida cloth). I do about 6 at a time so that when I have all items on hand.

This saves time, as I then have one list with items to purchase for the things I do not have on hand, I don't need to search all the storage units, but one time, I have all of these in a basket. Then when I go shopping I take a dry eraser and the list in the plastic sleeve and get the items crossed off when I pick them up. I also keep a sleeve in the binder to track what I spent on the purchases, so if I sell them I can have the cost already laid out if questioned.

I also have 2 large white binders that I keep all patterns and ideas in that are stored in a craft organizer with wheels and is stored in closet, along with all my tools. Hope this helps someone out.

I also found a perfect storage unit. If I had the money and space for it I would have gotten it. It's called the original scrapbox at theoriginalscrapbox.com. It is ideal for all crafts and has a work space that folds up. They come in several sizes. This site also has other storage items to purchase

By Carol from Minot, ND

I just finished reading about how patterns, etc are stored. It is such a wonderful world when I read about how organized many of you are. I have my own system and it varies from week to week but it works for me and gets better each time I have to search for something. I will certainly remember each "tip" when it is time to re-organize. The main point is: keep on "crafting" or "sewing" or doing whatever u enjoy. Best wishes to each and everyone. Without my hobbies, life would be very unattractive and dull. Take care.