Fat Stain on Suede Shoes

I have a lovely pair of purple suede shoes and have dropped chicken fat on them. How can I get rid of the stain? Thanks.

Nita from UK

You can try the baby powder treatment. Sprinkle baby(talcum) powder on the stain, covering well with a heavy layer. Let sit over night. Brush all powder off with a suede brush. Repeat if needed. This worked for me when I got movie popcorn butter from the dispenser on the sleeve of my suede jacket. It also worked to remove a salad dressing stain from a suede skirt. If all the powder does not brush off, tumble the item in the dryer with an old towel on the air cycle. This will remove all traces of powder. This worked for me. Hope it helps.

Blue Suede Couch in Carpeted  Living Room
Cleaning Suede
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsFebruary 3, 2009
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Display of suede jacket, pants, boots, and umbrella
Cleaning Blood from Suede
Man's arms holding squirt bottle and small brush cleaning orange suede couch
Cleaning a Suede Couch