Wedding Cake and Flower Centerpiece

You can slash your flower and cake budget with this cool tip. Have your baker make an 8 or 9 inch birthday type cake for each one of your tables. Display them on rented or borrowed cake stands. Wind the base with ivy or other greens, and scatter real or silk rose petals about the table.

Each cake can be decorated differently; Swiss dots, white on white stripes, white icing roses, or accented with more petals or fresh flowers. Do the same for the bridal table.

Not only will you eliminate the need for a big wedding cake and the cost of each centerpiece, but if you have a "designated" cake cutter to serve at each table, dessert will become a real conversation piece.

By Celia from North NJ

That is SUCH a cool idea! It would also work for other special occasions where people are seated at separate tables. Never would have thought of that and it's quite clever, money-wise and unique. If you purchased take out food containers like from the Chinese restaurants, often available cheaply at dollar stores, guests at each table could take home the leftovers. Thanks so much for sharing.

This is a cool tip. I'm thinking of a July 4th party for this year, and now I know what the desserts/centerpieces are going to be. America's next new trend in party entertaining!!

Yay! what a unique, fun idea. I'll definitely remember & recommend to friends.

The fourth of July one could be a great deal of fun - I don't know how the rules of the venue would be, but I've seen sparklers placed into cakes. It would be fun to do that. Definitely memorable.

I think thats a great idea and if you order them from a school maybe you can save even more money.

That is a great idea and it does work! When I worked for a caterer one of the first weddings I served at did this. Everyone raved about it. The Bridal party had a miniature "wedding cake" on it that they cut to get things started. Servers assisted at some of the tables, others took it upon themselves to help themselves.

Watering Can Centerpiece
Saving Money on Wedding Centerpieces
Weddings DecorationsJanuary 15, 2009
Easter Centerpiece
Easter Centerpiece Ideas
Two tiered wedding cake with flowers on top.
Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Candle centerpiece at a wedding.
Wedding Candle Centerpiece Ideas