Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Alternative to Cascade Plastic Booster

Pin It
Stack of plastic food storage containers.

I really like using Cascade Plastic Booster in my dishwasher. It does an excellent job at removing red stains like tomato sauce. I was wondering if any one had any ideas for a homeade version or a cheaper alternative, because this stuff costs around $3 a tube. Any suggestions?

CL

Best Feedback

These feedback have been rated the best for this article.

By LadyeWitch07/14/2011

Use some hydrogen peroxide with your regular detergent. The hydrogen peroxide is the active ingredient in the Cascade Plastic Cleaner.

By (Guest Post)08/04/2004

Place your plastic in the sunlight to remove stain; it's free.

By Ann (Guest Post)08/04/2004

I've heard that if you first coat the plastic container with olive oil, that keeps the tomato stain away.

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By jakinley11/16/2013

Actually the active ingredient was Benzoyl peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide won't do the same. That ingredient is still available in many acne creams in most drug stores... but not at $3 per container.

By Judy07/12/2010

It's no longer on the market, but maybe if enough people request it, they'll bring it back. Either do a Google (web, not shopping) search for Cascade Plastic Booster, & the first result will be the Amazon page (you can't find it with amazon's search engine). Or here's the amazon.com link http://www.amazon.com/Cascade-Plast ... ng-Additive-6-8-Ounce/dp/B000CEO5AU. There's a link on the right to sign up when it becomes available. Who knows, maybe if Amazon reports that a lot of people are requesting it?

By Dollinky (Guest Post)01/20/2005

The active ingredient is Benzoyle Peroxide. You can get a quart of that stuff in any supermarket in the Bandaid aile. I guess you could use it straight on plastics, or pour, say 1/2 cup in the dishwasher in the middle of a cycle. I'm going to try it myself.

By Regina Arlauckas [26]08/06/2004

Make friends with your local Tupperware dealer. It is usually on sale for about $1 if you buy some Tupperware, but you can ususally get them to tack it on an order from someone else who did not want it.

I have also tried the olive oil trick and it works pretty well.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.