Computer Deleted My Emails

I opened my mail this morning and it said I had 12 new messages, I deleted the first one and then suddenly the screen "rebooted", meaning that it went blank then came up again and all my new (12) emails were deleted. Can you help?

I use AOL. At the top of the screen is an icon that says "mail." When I click on mail a window opens and I scroll down to recently deleted mail. I click on this and all my deleted mail is available

You should have a trash folder, and it it has any numbers next to it, or even if it didn't, open it anyway. Most likely they are in there. You can also see and resend what you have sent by looking in the sent folder. If someone is trying to send you something but you can't find it, look in the spam folder. Sometimes the mail server you are using won't always recognize things from the addresses, esp' if they are not in your address book. You can sometimes find them there. Good luck!

You could try "system restore" -this might work

I called my ISP when that happened to me and they were able to get them back...not sure how but then again, I don't need to know.

I sometimes have to wait a while before the "recently deleted mail" can retrieve my mistakenly deleted mail. It doesn't go to the trash bin, spam or trash folder, and unless you have made your own backup discs, "system restore" on your main menu where your start-up button is, is not always able to bring them back unless you only go back to the date the mail was sent.

Warning, once you use system restore, you cannot go ahead. Be cautious. I've had three computers with all sorts of problems, but now i seem to be able to keep things problem free. Good luck and god bless. : )

Your emails might not be deleted, they might only be "in hiding." This happens to me a lot. I use MS Outlook 2003, which automatically imports my AT&T Yahoo mail.

Since I don't use a mouse anymore, the following instructions will be for keyboard commands, hope you don't mind.

1. Use the arrow keys to scroll to the top of the list of emails. I know I'm at the top when my screen reader says "Today."

2. Press alt plus V to access the "View" menu.

3. Press the right arrow to open the "Arrange by" submenu." "Date" should be checked.

4. Press the up arrow to find the "Current View" submenu, then right arrow to open it. "Messages" should be checked. If not, pressing enter here will check it, and will usually bring all your messages out of hiding.

Best to you!

Computers TroubleshootingDecember 22, 2008
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a Computer Screen
Cleaning a Laptop Keyboard, Photo of a laptop keyboard.
Laptop Computer Tips and Tricks
A stack of CDs or DVDs
Saving Money On Computer Software