Removing Stickers from Plastic

Care should be taken when removing stickers from plastic, as some solvents can react negatively with the plastic item. This is a guide about removing stickers from plastic.

A bottle of Goo Gone, great for removing stickers from plastic.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

How can I get a sticker off plastic?

By LaDonna from OH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

@paula jo carr

Amazing! I Googled this and the stickers were on an old mobile phone so wasn't about to soak anything. Just sprayed a bit of WD40 on it and Bang! The stickers were gone! Required a bit of rubbing with a cloth and peeling with my fingers but the phone looks like new and works mint. What can't this magical spray do?

Read More Answers...

I desperately need to know how to remove the price tag stickers from plastic. I read a couple of feedbacks in regards to lighter fluid. Is that safe for plastic?

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

l

I desperately need to know how to remove the price tag stickers from plastic. I read a couple of

feedbacks in regards to lighter fluid. Is that safe for plastic?

Answers:

Removing Stickers from Plastic

I had used lighter fluid for years and it does work. But in my quest to use and keep less chemicals in my

house I now just let them soak in hot soapy water. If it's furniture you can use a sponge to keep it on

the surface. (07/27/2004)

By Vicki

Removing Stickers from Plastic

W-D 40 in a can is the only way to go. I keep a can under my sink for just such instances. In the event

you don't have a can of WD-40 in the garage, vegetable or baby oil will work also. Just cover the

sticker with any of the 3, and let sit for a time. The sticker should peel right off! (07/27/2004)

By Lisa

Removing Stickers from Plastic

Nail polish remover (with acetone) will work. (07/27/2004)

Removing Stickers from Plastic

You can use baby oil or even peanut butter. (07/27/2004)

By Ann

Removing Stickers from Plastic

I use a product called GOO GONE. It's a citrus based product, made by Magic American Corporation. Just

pour a little on the sticker let it set for a moment and rub with a rag in a circular motion and stickers

and left over glue come right off. (07/27/2004)

By Laura

Removing Stickers from Plastic

All those things work, but the safest thing I've found is Avon's Skin so soft. It works on any surface and

it won't smell bad or discolor the plastic. I've even used it to remove pin stripping from a car! My

husband tried Goo Be Gone and it removed the paint and it took him hours. I did it when he was at work

and it took 15 minutes. He was amazed! Hope this helps. (07/28/2004)

By Toni

Removing Stickers from Plastic

I use lemon oil to remove stickers or any type of gummy glue. (09/08/2004)

By Diana

Removing Stickers from Plastic

Lighter fluid is the best thing I have found, it even gets the label off of prescription medicine

bottles. (09/08/2004)

By lorac456

Removing Stickers from Plastic

Rub with a soft cloth and turpentine. (03/18/2007)

By gurth

Removing Stickers from Plastic

You can buy a product called Goof-Off which will remove all types of sticky stuff. If you get sticky

stuff on your clothes try De-solve-it. This will also take out grease spots like if grease splatters on

you while cooking.

Good luck. (07/28/2007)

By Michelle C.

Removing Stickers from Plastic

To be safe, do NOT use lighter fluid as it may affect the colour of the plastic. It doesn't happen

always, but who wants to risk it.

You need something greasy. I am allergic to peanuts so I used Nivea Cream. Anything oily will

penetrate the paper and dissolve the glue. The thicker and glossier the paper, the longer you need to

leave it. Rubbing helps. (05/16/2008)

By WARNING!!

Removing Stickers from Plastic

Hooray!
I couldn't find peanut butter at home, so I tried ordinary butter, and it worked like magic!
Simply leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes, then wipe it off with a dry kitchen towel. If the surface is oily

or smells buttery, just wash it with soap and it'll be 100% perfect! (07/15/2008)

Removing Stickers from Plastic

Heat it up with hair dryer, then peel. WD-40/Goo-Gone/alcohol/nail polish remover if needed to remove

annoying residue. (10/23/2008)

By pdogg

Removing Stickers from Plastic

Butter and peanut butter are messy. WD40 smells and requires a good washing after. What worked best for

me was lock de-icer that I use on my car when locks freeze up in winter. You don't have to leave it on

long and the goop comes right off. (12/15/2008)

By Sergio

Removing Stickers from Plastic

If you don't have WD-40 on hand, Tilex works as well. I used just a little bit and with minimal

scrubbing, the sticker residue came off immediately. (03/02/2009)

By Tori

Removing Stickers from Plastic

The best thing I have found for removing stickers from anything is mineral spirits, and the only side

effect I have found is the smell, I've used it on plastic, hardwood floors, fabric (backseat of car), and

painted walls, with no ill effects. My husband uses it for cleaning tar off of the car and for cleaning

his metal hand tools. (03/17/2010)

By dixiedm

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceAugust 15, 2012
Wood Door
Removing Stickers from a Wood Door
child's hands cutting out a butterfly drawing
Making Homemade Stickers
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Bumper Stickers on Car
Using Bumper Stickers
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 10:52:23 AM on 10.0.2.170 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.