Lemon-Pineapple Congealed Dessert

This is a delicious Jello dessert with a couple of surprises in it. It is sometimes called a salad, but as you'll see, it's really an interesting dessert with an awesome flavor.

• 1 small pkg lemon Jello
  • 1 cup crushed pineapple (with juice)
  • 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
  • 1 cup pecans (finely chopped)
  • 8-12 oz. container Cool Whip
  • 1/2 cup sugar

Mix sugar and pineapple in small saucepan. Bring to a boil while stirring. Remove from heat. Set aside and allow to cool.

Add 1 cup boiling water to lemon Jello and stir to dissolve. Stir in pineapple-sugar mixture. Allow to thoroughly cool. Stir in shredded cheese and chopped pecans. Refrigerate. Allow to congeal slightly, then stir in Cool Whip. Refrigerate 4-6 hours or until ready to serve.

This can be really dressed up for a party by adding a swirl of whipped cream to the top of each serving. Add a maraschino cherry and a mint leaf or two.

Servings: 6-8
Time:10 Minutes Preparation Time - must be made ahead
5 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: From my daughter who makes this for me almost every time we go to visit them. The payback is, I have to make her cinnamon rolls before I leave. :-)

By Pookarina from Boca Raton, FL

Oh, boy! This is very different. I'm trying to imagine the taste of cheese and pecans with Lemon Jello and pineapple. Will have to try it to see how everyone likes it. A very interesting and different

recipe for sure.

Does this salad/dessert set up firm enough to

unmold onto a plate for instance? It sure does

sound good. I'm always looking for something

a little unusual to share with my girls.

Thank you.

This is a most unusual dessert. I was surprised it was very good. A great dessert for summer.

Red Jello on White Plate
Jello Dessert Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts JelloMay 19, 2010
Lemon Oil
Cleaning With Lemon Oil
blueberry muffins with lemon sauce
Lemon Sauce Recipes
Lemon Squares on a plate with lemon slices.
Lemon Squares Recipes
Fluffy Lemon Pie
Fluffy Lemon Pie Recipes