Craft Project: Puzzle Pin
With a little work, you can make a unique pin that looks like a mini puzzle.
Approximate Time: 1 hour to 1.5 hours
- four puzzle pieces already together
- fancy fabric
- "scribblers" iridescent gold (or your choice) paint
- pin back
- hot glue gun
- felt scraps
- scrap thin cardboard
- white glue and foam brush
- Choose your fabric, and put a thin layer of glue on it making sure it covers more than the size of the pin. Let dry.
- Put the four pieces of puzzle together. I used the 25 piece ones you get four for 1.00 at the Dollar Tree, to keep the time it took me to find the pieces that fit to a minimum.
- Make a cardboard trace of the whole four pieces and then take each one apart, place it on the board and trace around it.
- This gives you the guide to make the inner lines right.
- When your fabric is stiff, trace around the cardboard onto the fabric, and cut around the outside. Make sure you draw on the fabric the inner lines, as they will be important as well.
- Use that same cardboard template to cut an identical one in the felt, but when you cut the felt, cut it just a "smidgen" larger so your front fabric can have some wiggle room with the paint.
- Glue the fabric to the felt, and press down with something flat to let dry.
- Once they are done, use your paint to trace around the inner lines and the edging. This little bit of leeway on the felt will give you room to cover the edges of the fabric and have something to paint onto.
- I used gold so as to match the fabric. You can use any colors you want, even black.
- Once the paint is dry, hot glue on the pin back.
The pins I submit are best worn where they are not exposed to the elements.
By Sandi from Yorktown, VA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 24, 2017 at 12:41:30 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us