Paint Colors for Kitchen with Burnt Orange Countertops

I have burnt orange counter tops (1976), with beige/white flooring. I am looking to paint the walls and possibly the cabinets, any suggestions?

Mardi

How about a dark brown, or to the opposite end of the scale a white or beige as the floor.

If you want a rich look, I'd go with a chocolate brown. A really clean and bright look would be to paint the walls white, and just let the orange be the color in the kitchen.

I'd try to soften it by choosing close but much softer and slightly different colors of graduating lighter shades of the same color. A different variation of orange on each wall around the counter. Extreme Makeover has done this with new construction, so I'm believing it would work with old. Remember to patch and sand an imperfections on your walls before painting. If the cabinets are still good, not formica wood "finish", I'd cut narrow strips of orange beige and white construction paper to get a test-idea of how narrow trim might look on any of the door trim.

If there is no trim, I'd be very careful of the material the cabinetry is made from and match the correct paint. Example: If wood cabinets, they must be so very clean and free from grease or no paint will last very long, especially around the hardware and near the stove/oven.

If wood-grained formica, I'd clean them well with Wd-40, wipe, Dawn, wipe, then Windex, wipe, then Lestoil (1/4 tsp. in 1 qt. warm water, and wipe down). If it doesn't shine well, keep trying until they are much cleaner'/shinier.Use a brown Permanent Marker to cover any knicks or slices, as well as detailing the counter top for the same things. I'd add fresh chair cushions/fabric in muted patter with orange textured place mats, and not fight the orange but mute it and vary it in rest of room.

I'd never paint formica, unless it is lightly sanded, and you use Epoxy paint in extremely well ventilated areas. Latex paint might look good for a while, but will peel like mad with only a little effort/scratch.

Oil paint is equally bad, so I'd go with trying to clean up what you have if they are not in disrepair. Add shiny new hardware, if needed, and freshly painted/ lined w/ shelf paper for the insides.

Also, see about using Floor cleanser for NO Wax floors if needed. Use LesToil VERY carefully , sparingly, and according to directions because it will cause one to slip and fall otherwise.

God bless and help you. : )

I think happy colors, like moss green, aqua, white, butter yellow, a lighter shade of orange, yes some chocolate but minimal as an accent. a Kitchen should be full of light.

Hi there. If you aren't thrilled with the orange, I suggest checking the topic here 'painting laminate countertops'. It can be done! I did mine, going to work on my bf's next.

I have burnt orange walls in my livingroom (african tulip) with light beige walls. My livingroom and kitchen are a type of L shape. I painted my kitchen a light mustard yellow and everyone comments on the colors they love them.

One suggestion they always give is use a primary colour from one room as a secondary to the next room to make the flow. Good Luck

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceJanuary 20, 2009
A nice kitchen with granite countertops and white cabinets.
Coordinating Granite Countertops With Kitchen Cabinets
Paint chips on a kitchen blueprint.
Kitchen Paint Color Advice
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Use Paint Colour Strips As Wall Pockets
Reusing Sample Paint Swatches
🎄