This project is perfect for the artistically challenged or those who prefer instant gratification. My young sons completed theirs in just 15 minutes.
1. Adhere stickers onto the outside of the votive OR If using stencils or stamps, paint heavily enough that no light shines through the shapes. Let dry completely.
2. Mix glue and water. Paint glue onto the outside of glass, on top of the stickers.
3. While the glue is wet, layer pieces of tissue paper and glue until the entire votive is covered and the tissue is saturated.
4. Turn the votive upside down to dry (a hairdryer speeds up the process).
5. Once dry, add a tea light and let the glow from these festive candles welcome the neighborhood spooks.
About The Author: Rondi Hillstrom Davis and Janell Sewall Oakes are the co-authors of the award-winning book Together: Creating Family Traditions. To check out their website that's jam packed with family ideas, visit http://www.togetherparenting.com To subscribe to their online newsletter, go to http://www.togetherparenting.com/feedback.asp
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!