How To Keep Bread Fresh Without a Tie

When you are done using the bread, hold the open end and give the bread a spin. The twisted part of the bread wrapper should be closest to the bread. Fold the top over the bread and it's ready for the next use. This tip is also good when camping.

By Susan from Clinton, TN

I put the twisted end under the load to keep it from unwinding. I also have a rectangular basket that I always keep on the counter to keep the bread in so the bread bag is always clean and dry... the cupboard gets used a lot and I don't like the bread bag getting wet or dirty while washing the cupboard or cutting veggies. If it is in the way for the need of more cupboard space it is easy to pick up and move without handling the bread. Yes I am fussy as I do my own baking and don't like the buns or bread to get squished or handled. The basket protects it. It also saves the bag from opening and everything falling out.

I thought everyone did this.

This is a great tip. My Aunt showed us how to do this years ago. Have not had to use it in years, but comes in handy when you lose the tie. Thanks for reminding us.

Storing Bread
Storing Bread
Food and Recipes StorageOctober 7, 2008
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
🎄