Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Christmas Cactus Left Outside in Freezing Weather

0EmailPrintFollowSave

I have had a Christmas cactus for a couple of years and it finally started to bloom. It was so beautiful, well until about 2 days ago. We forgot to bring it in the house and the temperature dropped to 19 degrees. When I got home from work at 7am the leaves and blooms were frozen. I brought it in, but it is flaccid, just flopped down. Please tell me is there any help for my cactus? What should I do?

By Shannon from Roanoke Rapids, NC

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Helmut 8 122 12/16/2010 Flag

Usually you can revive them with wind. Put an oscillating fan, one that swings back and forth, in front of it, and give them a bit of warm water.
Have FUN!
DearWebby
http://webby.com/humor

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lanni Brisson 9 12/19/2010 Flag

Chances are the roots are fine. Just water as you usually do and keep it in the same location that it was in. If the top does not perk up, just cut the whole plant back to the top of the pot and be patient. It should regrow slow but sure. I have saved many plants that seemingly had no hope just by continuing to care for them.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes