Christmas Cactus Left Outside in Freezing Weather

I have had a Christmas cactus for a couple of years and it finally started to bloom. It was so beautiful, well until about 2 days ago. We forgot to bring it in the house and the temperature dropped to 19 degrees. When I got home from work at 7am the leaves and blooms were frozen. I brought it in, but it is flaccid, just flopped down. Please tell me is there any help for my cactus? What should I do?

By Shannon from Roanoke Rapids, NC

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Usually you can revive them with wind. Put an oscillating fan, one that swings back and forth, in front of it, and give them a bit of warm water.

Have FUN!

DearWebby

http://webby.com/humor

Chances are the roots are fine. Just water as you usually do and keep it in the same location that it was in. If the top does not perk up, just cut the whole plant back to the top of the pot and be patient. It should regrow slow but sure. I have saved many plants that seemingly had no hope just by continuing to care for them.

Answer

Home and Garden Gardening House PlantsDecember 15, 2010
Pink Christmas Cactus
Getting a Christmas Cactus to Bloom
Christmas Cactus in bloom
Caring for a Christmas Cactus
Christmas Cactus
Starting a Christmas Cactus from Cuttings
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 11:42:17 AM on 10.0.1.44 in 548 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.