Using a Soda Bottle for Yarn

If you knit or crochet, an empty 2-liter soda bottle is useful. Cut off the bottom and place a skein of yarn into it, after you've started the skein from the middle, and feed the yarn through the bottle neck. This will keep the yarn from getting tangled up. You can use the bottle cap to keep the end of the yarn from falling back inside, when you take a break.

By Monica from O'Fallon, MO

How the heck do you find the string in the middle of the skein? I have only been "lucky" to find it a couple of times. I've given up looking because I'm usually frustrated before I even start the project. LOL! Thanks for the tip, I hope this keeps the kitties from running after it, too. :)

A woman holding yarn.
Homemade Yarn Holder Ideas
Crafts CrochetApril 2, 2008
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Baby Bottle Feeding
Bottle Feeding Your Baby
Uses for Plastic Pop Bottles
Uses for Plastic Pop Bottles
Pouring Sparkling Water
Making Sparkling Water
🎉
🎄