Vitamin E for Stretch Marks

My son is now 2 years and 3 months old and we found out last weekend that we have another on the way. The first thing my husband said to me was "You have to go get that stuff you used last time because you don't look like you gained 40 pounds and lost it." That stuff was vitamin E oil. I slathered myself in it every day after my shower. I am thankful to say I have NO stretch marks.

Shannon in NC

Good tip! I bet it would just be good for your skin, all the time.

I am between Rowland and Pembroke NC.

Something to think about....not everyone does get stretch marks. Some people get really bad ones, some like myself didn't get any and I didn't use anything. So, what I am saying is that the Vitamin E may be good for your skin, but who knows whether you would have gotten stretch marks without the use of it. (But isn't it nice, once again, to wear the bikini swimming suits with no stretch marks to try to hide!)

Hello! Congrats to you on your exciting news! Babies are such joy!

I have to agree with the other feedback;I am sure the Vit E oil is awesome.However, Stretch marks are a hereditary thing...in your genes. You either get them or you do not. Any physician will say the same.

Thankfully, you do not. I do have "war wounds" from a long battle in the trenches. And well worth it!!

Hi! I have also had two kids and I gained around 47 pounds with each one =) But I also lost it all and have NO stretch marks...YEAH!!! I used Coco Butter lotion every day and also lathered it on all the time. It is cheaper than all the other stuff people buy to prevent stretch marks.

I applied vitamin e oil and cocoa butter stretch creams in the morning and at night and still got stretch marks. My dermatologist was pregnant at the same time and I asked her about preventing stretch marks. She had stretch marks too, she told me stretch marks are the results of heredity.

I used coco butter cream every time expecially when i felt itchy (i was told that was a sign of skin stretching) and i used Vitamin E oil after every shower. I say it works cause my mom has a lot of stretch marks and i have none.

I think it also depends on how big you get and how fast your tummy grows. The slower the growth maybe less stretch marks.

Here's a homemade recipe for anti-stretch-mark skin cream:

In a blender, combine: 1/2 cup virgin olive oil, 1/2 cup aloe vera gel and six capsules vitamin E oil( opened). Keep this oil refrigerated and massage into areas with stretch marks at least once a day. You may want to sit this jar in war water to take off the chill before applying.

does anyone have a remedy to get rid of them after you get them??

Yeah no kidding everyone can tell you how to PREVENT them but how do you get rid of them......or lighten them up

I am 16 and I have so many stretch marks. Its crazy. Its a given that I am a size 14 (Australian), but I've never been bigger than that. I've had them since I was 12, and I can't get rid of them. Do you have any suggestions?

A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Stretch MarksSeptember 30, 2005
A burn mark from a clothes iron.
Removing Iron Burn Marks on Clothing
Remedies for Stretch Marks
Smelly Hands
Remedy for Smelly Hands
new shoes
Homemade Liquid Shoe Stretch
🎉
🎄