Diabetic Dog Food Recipes

I am looking for a recipe for homemade dog food for a diabetic dog.

By Marion from Mt. Gilead, NC

You are never going to believe this, I was looking through all my pet recipes to day and found one for a Diabetic Dog! I had it for my niece, I sent it in about 2 hours ago! If I can find it again i will send it to you, just in case they do not publish it!

December 28, 2010 Flag

I am looking for recipes for home made food for a diabetic dog. Please share your recipes or advice on shop bought food.

By Mags from Scotland

Diabetic Dog Food Recipes

My mini schnauzer was a diabetic and we feed her 1/4 cup of natural balance dog food with a scrambled egg 2 times a day 1/2 hr after her insulin the egg is for more protein and she did very well she was 17 when she passed. When looking around on the internet, this is what I had found. Our vet agreed with this program good luck, and God bless you and your dog. We have changed over to Inova dog food because of the protein and flavor for our dog. Its way better the Natural. (02/13/2010)

By sillepeanut

Diabetic Dog Food Recipes

I have a Chihuahua that will be 7 on the 15th and she has been diabetic for 3 years now. She eats fit and trim which is store bought.She eats 1/2 a cup 2 times a day. She should actually get 1/4 of a cup but the vet has agreed this is okay. I feed her at 8:45 am and then give her a shot. Of course I do the same thing in the pm. She has done very well on this food, and she exercises for about 30 minutes (playing ball) both morning and evening.

My vet says routine is key, especially the exercise. She is an inside dog and is paper trained so she is limited.He said this is a good thing because so many dogs get use to the walks and outside play time and then it's to hot or to snowy or something and they suffer. This way no matter the weather we can still play and run.

Good luck to you and remember routine and consistency is key. No cheating with food either,only what the vet allows. I can't give treats or bones. She loves ice cubes so they are her treat and she can have as many as she wants! Best wishes. (02/13/2010)

By marisa0407

Pets Dogs HealthDecember 28, 2010
Apple Pie
Diabetic Apple Pie Recipes
Making Diabetic Powdered Sugar (Sugar Free)
Blueberry Pie
Diabetic Blueberry Pie
Graham Cracker Crust
Diabetic Graham Cracker Crust Recipes