Use Window Clings For "Painted" Jars

Most likely there are others that can't paint to save their souls, like me! I found an easy solution a while back.

I wanted to paint on jars and fill with Christmas lights but knew I wouldn't be happy with my "art", so I used the acrylic window clings. Just moisten the cling, put it on the inside of your clean jar where you want your "art" to be. Use it as your guide and paint over it on the outside. Paint however much you want.

Remove the cling and, presto, you have your masterpiece! I filled my jar with lights, cut a hole in the lid for the light cord to come out. I made a corsage looking arrangement and glued it on to cover the hole, but not so the lights couldn't be changed if they burned out, or if the person that I was giving the jar to wanted to use it for candy or something else. I used a regular pint mouthed jar so she would be able to replace the lid.

After I "painted" my masterpiece. I lightly flocked the jar with white paint on a toothbrush. This hid some of my imperfections, then gave the whole thing a coat of sealer. Very pretty if I do say so myself. Sorry I don't have a picture.

Source: From a magazine years ago.

By latrtatr from Loup City

Santa gourds.
Homemade Christmas Decorations
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations CraftsDecember 2, 2009
Candy Cane Planter
Making a Candy Cane Planter
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Santa's tummy and legs upside down in a chimney
Making a Stuck-in-the-Chimney Christmas Decoration
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 3:33:22 PM on 10.0.1.122 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.