Dog Has Dry Poop

My dogs are having dry poop.

By Cheryl K. from Bellflower, CA

Many dogs have this problem - dogs benefit from fiber in the diet too. Ours love raw veggies of any kind. I've seen a recommendation to grind the veggies first - like in a blender or food processor, but we don't bother. I also give our dogs fish oil capsules from Costco - they love them and it's good for their coat and skin too.

It could be a sign of constipation. Make sure they're fed a good-quality dog food. You can also try adding Olive oil, Flax seed oil, or cod liver oil to their food and make sure that they get plenty of water. If there's no improvement after a few days, get them to a vet. (Call the vet in the meantime for suggestions.)

Try adding a couple of Tablespoons of canned pumpkin (NOT pie filling) to their food. It helps with digestion.

I have to supplement our dog food since it is not the best. It doesn't start the ingredient list out with meat, so I give them meat in addition to their regular food. I would do the canned pumpkin, it is good for runny and also constipation.

Going to sound strange, but feed a higher-end dry kibble (first ingredient meat, fish, chicken or game--not constipating filler); kill packaged doggy treats, especially dry biscuits, and treat with raw veggies like broccoli, sugar snap peas or sparingly with fruits like banana, apple, melon--and provide plenty of fresh water.

Pets Dogs HealthSeptember 4, 2009
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Pug looking guilty.
Training a Dog to Poop on a Training Pad
Dog Poop Bag Dispenser
Making a Dog Poop Bag Dispenser
dog in a crate
Adult Dog Pees in Crate