Using Powdered Detergent in a Frontloading Washing Machine

Can I use powdered detergent in a HE front load washer? It is a Bosch?

Michelle from Oxford, GA

I would like to know this as well.

I HAVE A FRONT LOAD WASHER. I USE POWDER IN MINE, HOWEVER I HAVE TO REGULARLY CLEAN MY DETERGENT TRAY. THE POWDER DOESN'T DISSOLVE COMPLETELY SOMETIMES. SO THE TRAY GETS THAT GUMMY PASTE BUILDUP. NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT, USING LIQUID MIGHT JUST CURE THAT PROBLEM. THANKS!

The manufacturer calls for HE liquid soap because any other type of soap generates too much soap suds and will make a mess and you may have to redo your wash to get all the suds out.. The new front loaders use less soap and less water, so I would stick with what the manufactuer suggests.

But that does'nt mean you can't try it once and report your results to see if the manufactuer is correct.

We had a front loader for six years (it wore out and we miss it, the water bill goes up after having one). I used nothing but powder in mine because one of the first times I usd liquid it stained the clothes. I just cut back on the amount that I used and it worked fine. Also I think the powder last longer therefore was a whole lot cheaper.

I have a front loading clothes washer. The "detergent" tray has a "slide" inside it and on it, reads: "powder" with an arrow in one direction; the other reads "liquid" with an arrow going in the opposite direction. Maybe you do not have the tray "open enough" when you use the powdered detergent. just a thought

With this said, I have to tell you I had the washing machine for more than one year when my adult children pointed out this information to me. It really does pay to read the instructions and look at the "parts" manual.

Happy laundering to all.

H from Alexandria VA