Pineapple Cheese Casserole

This is a great side dish to serve with Ham. The pineapple flavor just seems to go with Ham. It is easy to do. And makes a big hit at a covered dish dinner.

• 1 cup sugar
  • 6 Tbsp. plain flour
  • 2 cups sharp grated cheddar cheese
  • 2 15 oz cans pineapple chunks in own juice
  • Ad
  • 1 1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers ( one stack)
  • 1 stick butter, melted

Directions:

Spray a 9x13 inch pyrex dish with butter-flavored vegetable spray. Drain pineapple, and reserve the juice.

Mix sugar and flour together. Add the grated cheese. Combine. Then add the drained Pineapple chunks. Put this in the prepared pyrex dish.

Put the Ritz Crackers in a ziplock bag, and crush them. Sprinkle the Cracker Crumbs over the pineapple mixture. Pour the melted butter over the crushed cracker mixture.

Bake 35 to 40 minutes @350 degree F oven until the cracker crumbs are browned. Serve while still warm.

Note: Splenda can be used instead of sugar in this recipe. Also, you can add a tablespoonful of the reserved pineapple juice to the dish before baking it. Sometimes it appears to be too dry.

When I take this to a covered dish dinner, I always double the recipe! Everyone seems to like it, and it's gone before I get to it.

Servings: 6 to 8
Time:20 minutes Minutes Preparation Time
35 to 40 minutes Minutes Cooking Time

Source: This recipe was given to me such a long time ago I no longer remember who gave it to me.

By Barbara P. from East Tennessee

What a unique recipe! Can't wait to try it.

Gale from California

May 14, 2009 Flag

Don't let the name put you off! (it did to me). A friend gave it to me and I had nothing but raves at the gathering. It is quick and simple. My criteria for cooking. Enjoy

Ingredients

• 2 20 oz. cans of crushed pineapple in juice (drained, reserve the juice)
  • 6 Tbsp. of flour
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
  • 1 stick of butter
  • About 1 1/2 sleeves of Ritz crackers

Directions

Mix 2 Tbsp. pineapple juice with flour in a 2 quart casserole. Add drained pineapple and the sugar Mix cheese with all. Add melted butter to crackers until the butter is absorbed. Spread on top of casserole. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes.

By Christine from Sterling, Virginia

Answers:

Pineapple Cheese Casserole

FYI, you may want to use more butter to mix with the crackers.

Christine (12/28/2007)

By bigyellowtaxi

Pineapple Cheese Casserole

The name did put me off, I actually only read the recipe because it sounded so weird.

But actually after reading the ingredients it might be good! (12/28/2007)

By mommamoody

Pineapple Cheese Casserole

When I read the recipe I thought it must be awful. I tried this dish at a church dinner. I was in love. I never dreamed this combo would taste so good. I make it from time to time. My hubbie and sons don't care for it. You either love it or Hate it. I think it's great. This recipe has made me take another look at recipes that I thought might be awful. (12/28/2007)

By Susie from Buckhead, Ga

Food and Recipes Recipes Side DishesMay 14, 2009
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
Storing Pineapples, Canning Pineapples. Sliced fresh mini pineapple.
Freezing Pineapple
Canning Pineapples
Selecting Good Pineapples
🎉
🎄