Kennel Cough

My dog has kennel cough. I took him to the vet and got meds, now after 2 weeks coughing again. Anyone know anything about this?

Sue from Shoals, IN

Take the dog back to the vet. It could be a relapse.

Hi Robin,

I have worked for a Veterinarian for MANY years. As you know, Kennel Cough is highly contageious to other dogs, as it is an airborne virus. I think you can just call your Dr. and he will give you another RX for your furbaby. It takes awhile for this to go away, so please be patient. Was he/she boarded, groomed or to a dog park recently? Please do not take he/she out around any other dogs until this clears up..... Good Luck

Thanks everyone for posting a response to my question, I did take my dog back too the vet , He was put on another week of coughing pills and antibiotic.. He never had the cough till he when and got his hair cut at the groomer, which just happens to be in the same place the vet is. And now he said if it doesn't get better he wants to do x-rays. this is a small dog 9 pounds. he is about 5 years old...but the vet bills are killing me. Thanks for all the answers I have got.

HI MY GOLDEN WAS DIAGNOSED WITH KENNEL COUGH, HE WAS ON CLAVAMOX AND A COUGH SUPPRESENT FOR 3 WEEKS I CAME HOME FROM WORK TONIGHT AND HE WAS IN RESPIRATORY ARREST AND DIED IN MY ARMS HE WOULD HAVE BEEN 9 IN DECEMBER, NEEDLESS TO SAY I AM INCONSOLABLE.

Editor's Note: Anya, please accept our sincere sympathies. So sorry that he didn't make it. Normally kennel cough is very treatable so it may have been something else. So sorry about this.

Susan from ThriftyFun

A dog in a kennel at the pound.
Remedies for Kennel Cough
Pets Dogs HealthFebruary 20, 2007
Young woman coughing into her hand.
Homemade Cough Remedies
Lab in a kennel.
Cleaning a Dog Kennel
A small dog in a kennel.
Bedding Ideas for Dog Kennels
🎉
🎄