Can You Dye Carpet?

I have tried everything to clean my carpet but still have stains. Has anyone ever dyed carpet? Have you had good results? Please help, as I can't afford to replace it right now.

Thanks,
Trabocan from Liberty, MS

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

well you can use rubbing alcohol 2 caps full and 3drops dish soap in a spray bottle and see if the stains come out mine did on my rug.. first used on a old rug to test. good luck

heila.

There are professional companies the dye carpets, but they are few and far between to find. I would not try doing it myself, you'll just end up with a gigantic mess, and end up replacing the carpet anyway. Call some carpet stores, they might have some leads, or try doing an internet search. Be careful though, some of the dye does not hold properly, and will bleed onto whatever else is against it, or fade just in places. If you do find a company, make sure you get some type of guarantee.

SPOT SHOT is the best ever for removing all kinds of stains---I get it at Wal-Mart. Just spray it on and the spots just disapear!!!

my cousin dyed her whole house wall to wall carpet. it looks pretty good. i mean you can tell in some places something was done but if you cant afford new ......... try it in a closet or something.

Answer

Home and Garden Home Improvement CarpetMarch 9, 2006
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
ornamental rug
Removing Rug Dye from Carpet
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 26, 2016 at 8:17:47 AM on 10.0.1.237 in 392 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.