Mini Rose Bush

I received this mini rose bush from my kids 11-12 years ago. It was in a pot for a while and then I planted it in the yard. It has grown and blooms beautifully in front of my day lilies every year. I've received others and always find a special place for them in the yard. I feed them with coffee grounds and cut up banana peels.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Mini Rose Bush

I love your roses. My grandchildren gave me a small pot of mini roses too and the were doing great until a few days ago. It appears that some sort of insect has all but destroyed them. Have you had that problem? Anyone else? Thanks.

I had two mine rosebushes give to me this year and they are doing great now.

We have had Japanese bettles and last year they attacked my big rose bushes, maybe that is what is wrong with yours. I used Sevens garden dust and that got rid of them.

They are beautiful....thanks for sharing!

That is beautiful! I have one miniature red rosebush that I've had for several years, but it's still in the pot, and blooming. I never knew you could put them in the ground, tho. I may try that with mine. God bless you!

I receive a mini pink rose bush for mothers day this year 07,and still have in the pot. When is the best time to plant it in the ground. I would like to plant it in the back yard along the fince, is this a good idea?

Lovely roses! Do you grind the banana peels in the blender with water and pour directly on plants? How do you use the coffee grounds?

How often?

Your's are just LOVELY, as are my aunt's. The only roses doing well in our area are the SILK ones, because of all the mildew/mold/rains. Mine have lost all of their leaves and are somehow miraculourly STILL ALIVE, but for how long? Our city sits on a slight hill, so I'm supposed to be HAPPY we haven't drowned in the many floods! lol And after "40 DAYs and 40 NIGHTS", or MORE, we are now scheduled for another week of it starting next Tues.!! My newest motto, "If we can't eat it, it has to make it on it's own." My yard is a massive JUNGLE because of the rains at least once a day.Weeds just LOVIN'it, trees full of wet moth worm webs, things grownin that I NEVER planted, and more mosquitoes than grains of sand in the sandbox! It's staying in the 90's, so we can do NOTHING but mow, on the dryest few days AT NOON, slathered in oily poisoned repellents to survive. Can you IMAGINE?. It reminds me SO much of Hawaii, where all the rain forests are thick with HUGE-LEAVED VINES and dense undergrowth. I suppose I should stop fighting it and grow RICE, Jumbo IVY, and BANANAS !!! lololol ( "It rains on the just and the unjust!", according to the Holy Scriptures.) One would think the cars would be rain-washed, but guess what? They're MOLDY, like my many apples, few tomaotes, and ALL LAWN FURNITURE CUSHIONS/UMBRELLAS, and the whole world here. HELP us, JESUS!!! (:=((

Hi,

It's very temperate here (Pacific Northwest) so roses do well. They are planted in a rockery so it is even milder there. As far as when to plant them, I'd wait until it's not too hot (early fall) and mulch well around them so the roots don't freeze.

I cut up the banana peels with kitchen scissors and just throw them on the ground, same with the coffee grounds.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Your roses are beautiful. I have a potted mini rose bush and I was wondering...do I prune them the same as I would a large rose bush? Thanks...

Amy

I just wanted to tell you about my little mini rose bush. I have a white one and my friend has a red one. When we get a bloom on them we will cut them off and put them in water and about 2 weeks later you begin to see growth. I had two fail and now I have one that is doing pretty good. We think that they look awsome. Just thought I would share that with you.

Photos GardenJuly 13, 2007
Closed Mini Blinds
Reusing Mini Blinds
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Cleaning mini blinds square
Cleaning Mini Blinds
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
🎉
🎄