Luau Party Ideas

What are some ideas for a luau party for teen boys and girls? I need help.

By sofbtalllover from Dallas, TX

You could find a long stick, about the length of a broom and have a limbo dance, I think that is what it is called----it has been a long time since I was young enough to go things like that. You could also have a conga line dance. Have a fake luau, minus the roast pig, and with less expensive foods. Oriental trading company has lots of neat Hawiian decorations that are reasonably priced.

I just had one of these for my daughter last year! One thing we did was a relay race. I had a bag of luau wear (sunglasses, visor, coconut bra, flip flops and a lei), one set for each team. Split kids into teams. First person gets dressed in the get up, runs to a hula hoop, does the hula hoop (or tries!!) runs back, undresses and the next person takes over. Also, water guns! Have an adult light a candle at a set distance and they have to put out the flame with a water gun. We had pineapple, pulled pork, etc. I also had a local hula teacher come and show (mainly the girls) some of the moves. You could also have someone face painting.

Have fun! (And yes, the limbo is a must!)

You could use hollowed-out pineapples or coconuts to drink punch from, non-alcoholic, of course. You could play Beach Boys, Jan & Dean or Don Ho music in the background, or play one of the multitude of surfing themed movies for ambiance. Beach volleyball would be a fun game. No beach required, provided other ambiance is right, lol!

July 17, 2010 Flag

My best friend and I are having a Luau party in two weeks. We're inviting 60 people, all 14 to 15 year olds. We are having it at 7:00 to 11:00PM and are having music and food. We have no ideas what else to do so that people don't get bored. Any ideas?

Mindy

Answers:

Luau Party

You should look up what they do in Hawaii you know they like to Hula so you could have a hula contest or play Hawaiian musical chairs. Get some sea shells have them all take a guess as to how many is in it and whoever is closest wins a prize (like a flower lei) (09/14/2005)

By Reece71

Luau Party

You absolutely HAVE to play limbo! We did that at our college one year and it was a real hit! We also taught the hula and had a contest - one of the librarians was from Hawaii, but I'll bet you could find a video, learn, and then teach! Have fun! (09/14/2005)

By Tripleb

Luau Party
Throwing a Luau Party
Holidays and Parties Parties Party ThemesJuly 17, 2010
Girl dressed for a luau.
Luau Wedding Rehearsal Ideas
Hawaiian Luau
Hawaiian Luau Recipes
Little girl on the beach wearing a grass skirt.
Making Grass Skirts
Luau Party Game Ideas
Luau Party Game Ideas
🎉
🎄