Blocking Calls On A Cell Phone

Is there a way to block a caller on a cell phone? I tried calling my cell company and I can't seem to get an agent who speaks english! I've had this cell number for several years, but lately a girl keeps calling it asking for a guy we don't know. She calls several times a day. I ignore them, but she also leaves messages on the voicemail as well.

April from NW Missouri

If this girl has called more than two or three times, and you've explained to her that the person she asks for is not you, then her continuing to call is probably considered harassment. I would consider calling the police just to find out what your rights are. I'm sure they have had to deal with this before and may have some suggestions for you as to how to get her to stop. They may also have some suggestions as to how to get your cell company to be more cooperative in either blocking her calls or helping you report her number to the police.

Explain to this person that she is calling a wrong number, and that you are bothered by her calls. If she continues to call, that is harassment, and you can get something done about it by calling the police and/or the cellphone company. Use words like "harassment" and "stalker" to get their attention. Record the number of calls per day and other facts, such as what you said when you talked to this person, so that you can prove that you have done your best to handle it on your own.

I am having the same problem. I have had my cell for almost 2 yrs and within the last 3 months a certain number keeps calling. I ignored it thinking they would stop. Then I picked up and told them they have the wrong number now they seem to call more. I had been deleting all calls , text messages but my husband said to keep them and take the phone in person to my carrier and show them the obseen language they leave on text messaging which then the carrier will consider as harrasment & obseen and they will block them from calling. So that is what I am going to do very soon. Try going in person to your carrier and show them the calls to see if it works for them to block that incoming number.

There is a way to block the calls if you have an AT&T Cingular type of account. They have something that is a parental control and it is an additional $4 or so per month, but oh so worth it. You require internet access but you can set blocked numbers that will not be able to be made or received. It is called smart limits. I suppose you could use it for what it is made for, your kids, but I use it myself. Other than that, there is no way to block calls from cell phones.

1-888-382-1222 You can call and register. This is supposed to be a do not call list for cell phones. Hope it helps.

What I do is this: Save the number to the phone's memory, NOT the sim memory. Then change the ring for that particular number to silent.

A few months back I was getting calls like the one you describe. When I called my cell phone company they suggested that I ignore the calls. Seems there is a prank where in a group of people get your number and call to "mess with you". When i quit answering unrecognized calls, they eventually quit. Guess they moved on to someone elses number. Best of luck and hope it quits soon.