Craft: Decorated Snow "Cake"

If you were hit with the blizzard of 2011 like we were, this might interest you.

What you'll need:

• snow
  • some sort of a container (I used a tin from a frozen appetizer)
  • food color
  • water
  • paint brush

I filled a tray with snow, which then became my cake. I filled containers with a few drops of food coloring and some water. I gave my 2 year old a paint brush and told her to decorate her cake how ever she liked.

This was such a big hit. She made 2 snow cakes and was kept entertained and busy for over 30 minutes. Of course, in the end, it turned into a snack :)

For a project that you are able to do without having to shop for any supplies, it turned out to be a "huge" hit.

By mom2gracie from Wheaton, IL

Paper Snowflakes
Winter Crafts for Kids
Crafts Crafts For KidsFebruary 9, 2011
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Driving on Snowy Roads, Cars driving on a snowy road.
Driving on Snowy Roads
How to Shovel Snow, Man Shoveling Snow
Shoveling Snow
Snow Ice Cream
Snow Ice Cream Recipes
🎉
🎄