Best Workout DVDs

I can't afford regular gym classes, so I'd like to add some workout DVDs to my fitness routine since I'm getting bored with just the elliptical trainer (purchased secondhand, yay!) and outdoor running. I see workout DVDs all the time at the Salvation Army. I am not coordinated or graceful, so the really intricate dancey-type aerobics aren't the best choice for me. What are the best workout DVDs that people enjoy using? Oh, I do have a step for step aerobics.

By Stephanie

Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone are some good walking/aerobics DVDs. I'm about the least coordinated person on the planet and I can do the exercises easily. They are a combination of walking plus basic moves like moving side to side, lifting knees up high, kicks, etc. You alternate moves enough that you never feel like you're doing any one thing for too long.

My favorite DVD is one that has workouts equivalent to 1, 2, and 3 miles. There is an option of using hand weights in addition to the workouts and that really intensifies things. If you don't have hand weights (she suggests using weighted balls that I got for around $10), cans of food make a pretty good substitute.

As with any DVD it can get monotonous and you'd like to tune out some of the talking, but I enjoy the workouts themselves enough that I can get past minor annoyances.

Hope this helps!

If you can find a P90X dvds, you have to get it. It's great and not lame or too hard. I mean, with every workout DVD you should always go at your own pace. I totally recommend it.

I was going to suggest the same exact thing. start with the one mile walk. and if you like it go from there. I have been walking with Leslie for 6 years now. I started after my son was born, it takes about 20 minutes and goes up. But its not routine at all and has a lot of fun movements. When I used her videos on a daily basis the results were excellent. its very tough to shed pregnancy fat, but it rolled off me when I started.

If you have cable, there is a great channel called Fit TV. They run 30 minute or 1 hour programs with different themes. I have done yoga, bellydancing and pilates. There are many more. I like the variety and not having to have the physical DVD. I DVR them so there is always a couple for me to choose from. I think they might even be available On Demand.

Good luck and way to go with your exercise!

April 3, 20110 found this helpful has a workout video with a product named the Ab Radical for abdominal isolation, it is made to help you do crunches and works very well. Avon sold over 50K units mostely to ladies. It was advertised a few months ago on TV. I know it works because I use one and I am 56yo. It is easy to use and only takes a few minutes a day to see a change. Hope this helps and God bless you.

Health & Beauty Fitness ExerciseMarch 12, 2011
Storing CDs
Storing CDs and DVDs
Man working out on an elliptical at the gym.
Fixing a Squeaky Elliptical
A pile of DVD cases.
Organizing DVDs
Chocolate Banana Smoothie
Chocolate Banana Smoothie Recipes