Browsing: Using Leftover Candle Wax

Uses for Candle Wax

Tips for using leftover wax from candles. Post your ideas.

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

I take old candles and melt them in a old saucepan on the stove over low heat, then dip pine cones in them for firestarters for the fireplace, or you can put them in a basket with fireplace matches for a gift. Also you can stuff toliet paper rolls with lint from your dryer and them dip them in wax for fireplace starters, either works very well, and cheaper than buying starters at the store.

Best Answer

We use a Tart Warmer and a small Fondue Pot, both available for under $5.00 at places like Bed, Bath and Beyond and Walmart. These work great for keeping a room or house smell fragrant and to help use up the left over scented candle wax!

Best Answer

Ever wonder what to do with those candles that the wick has burned down to nothing and you're left with a big chunk of wax? Recycle them! I take a cup warmer and put a small glass container on it. I cut the wax up into little pieces and over time the wax will melt. I keep adding wax pieces until the container is full. Then I let it cool a bit and add a new candle wick.. You can get a package of 12 wicks for like $2 at a craft store. Once the wax has hardened, you have a new candle! I've also placed glass containers in the oven to melt the wax -- like after I've baked something. It works well, too.

By Meari from Illinois

Best Answer

I use it to stiffen thread.

If it is your favorite scent, place it in a cloth bag and tuck under the car seat in the summer--much more subtle than those pine trees. Can also be placed in closets and dresser drawers.

I burn a lot of scented candles. When the candle is all done, there is always a little wax left over. I save these chunks of wax in a clean, empty vegetable can, and when it's full, I fill a small pot half full with water, and put it on the stove on low and put the can of wax in it. It smells just like the candle burning.

By billie

To the person who asked about what to do with old wax left from candles. My mom,who had 6 kids was the origional QUEEN of Frugality. She had to be! She started with one leftover candle. Everytime she found other used candles she dripped it onto it. After many years of dripping she had a huge, multi-coloerd pillar candle. This was long before pillar candles were used.

Sharon from KY

I use small bits of candles in old potpourri burners (the type you use a tea light with). Or I will tie up pieces of fragrant candle wax in cloth and put it in dresser drawers, hampers, etc. The fragrance is nice.

I have a potpourri burner, looks like a small crockpot. I save chunks of wax in a coffee can and just add them to the potpourri burner as needed. I dip pinecones, leaves, and twigs in it for the holidays. Then use them for decor or firestarters. I use this one mainly for dipping and others for burning since it does get wax on the sides. You can find these in most walmart craft depts. for about $5. I also dip this out into muffin tins sometimes and then stick a pinecone in it and let it set up, then pop into freezer for a short time and they pop right out. Also used for firestarters and decor.

Thanks for the tips; I hate to waste anything. Was just worried about ruining a pot, pan or fondue pot.

Just a word of caution! When heating wax on the stove be sure to use a double boiler. NEVER heat wax directly on the stovetop. We learned the hard way! When making candles just before our first baby was born, we poured the wax into molds and it combusted and burst into flames. My husbands hand was badly burned and my foot was also burned. We both ended up in the hospital and our daughter was born under those conditions. Fortunately through long bouts of therapy, my husband has full use of his hands and I was just left with scars on my foot. It could have been so much worse! Be Careful!!!!

I'm just wondering if candle wax can contribute to construction? Even in column, beam, formworks etc. Is there anyone who can give me an idea?

use it to grab papers.

Thank you thriftymickie. I would have probably done the same if it wasn't for your post. I was just getting ideas for my leftover wax and was going to put the wax into a pot directly on the stove. Now I know not to! Thanks

Using Leftover Candle Wax, Melted Candles
Using Leftover Candle Wax
Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 14, 2005
Pillar candles on a glass plate with river rocks.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Walls
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
candle
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
Reusing Candle Wax
Making Candles from Old Candle Wax
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 24, 2016 at 12:15:42 AM on 10.0.0.70 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.