Wedding Expenses - Who Should Pay For What?

I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can find a link of who pays for what expenses in a wedding?

Chastity from Claysville, PA

Here's a link that I found for you. I hope it helps!

Who typically pays for things, is not an absolute. Ethnic groups often have variations of this, as does the geographic location where the families come from. If a particular family has better economical means, they often will assume responsibility for certain things. If the bride and groom have degrees and have been in the workforce, they often assume all responsibilities for the wedding. If one side of the family has numerous more guests than the other, they usually will contribute more than the other. In some cultures, the extended family or the church family will take care of some things. This is an area where traditional rules are changing greatly.

I believe that the two people getting married SHOULD pay. I firmly believe that if you are ready too commit your life to another person that you should also be mature enough to finance the union yourself. If someone in your family or his is willing to help, there is nothing wrong with accepting that help. But never, under any circumstances, should you demand for someone else to pay. Not only is it a good way to start out on the right foot with both families, but the wedding happens according to your plans only.

Wedding Expenses
Wedding Expenses: Who Should Pay?
Weddings AdviceDecember 22, 2005
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Two tiered wedding cake with flowers on top.
Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors