Melting Candy Canes To Shape For Gifts

I would like to know how to melt and shape candy canes?

By Connie from Chesterfield, VA

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Put candy canes on parchment paper on a cookie sheet in a 225 degree oven for about 10-15 minutes. They will soften enough for you to reshape them.

December 24, 2009 Flag

Does anyone know if you can melt candy canes so that I can shape them for gifts?

Wendy from Joliet, IL

Answers:

Melting Candy Canes To Shape For Gifts

I've done this with great success. Use the lowest setting on your oven. Line a baking sheet with foil, or better yet, a silicone mat. Use a variety of shapes and sizes of mints and canes. I like to use a round mint as a center and arrange small canes or broken pieces of canes around it to make snowflake designs. Just make sure the pieces are touching when you put them on the sheet. Place them carefully in the oven and "watch them".

It takes only a very short time for the canes to soften and stick together. Experiment. You could probably bend softened (warm) canes by pushing them with a spoon or chopstick. Just be sure to watch them carefully; my first batch became peppermint puddles. I wrapped my snowflakes and wreaths in plastic wrap and used them as special package toppers. A frugal tip: candy canes go on after-Christmas sales, buy them up to use next year. They sometimes get sticky after a year in the pantry, but it doesn't matter after you've baked them. (12/11/2007)

By canisnongratis

Melting Candy Canes To Shape For Gifts

I read on the web the temperature is 250 degrees F. I want to make mugs, baskets, and shot glasses. The snowflakes sound interesting. You could do just about anything you want like a star maybe (that would take some doing and playing, but hey). (06/16/2008)

By Glitz

Melting Candy Canes To Shape For Gifts

I wonder if you could use metal cookie cutters? If I drop a star mint (pinwheel mint) in the middle would it melt enough to take the shape of the star? I'll have to try it. (12/04/2008)

By Hollie

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts Christmas GiftsDecember 24, 2009
Leftover Candy Canes
Uses for Leftover Candy Canes
Melting Chocolate on Wooden Spoon
Melting Chocolate
pile of candy canes
Crafts Using Candy Canes
Two crossed candy canes and a tree shaped cookie cutter.
Recipes Using Candy Canes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 3:07:59 AM on 10.0.0.245 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.