Recipe for Hokey Pokey

I was wondering if anyone has the recipe for hokey pokey so I can make it with my kids, because they love it.

By Jennie from New Zealand

1/2 cup sugar

4 tablespoons dark corn syrup

1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

Put the sugar and syrup into a saucepan and stir together to mix. You can't stir once the pan's on the heat, though.

Place the pan on the heat and let the mixture first melt and then turn to goo and then a bubbling mass the color of maple syrup - this will take 3 minutes or so.

Off the heat, whisk in the baking soda and watch the syrup turn into a whooshing cloud of aerated pale gold. Turn this immediately onto a piece of baking parchment or greased foil.

Leave until set and then bash at it, so that it splinters into many glinting pieces. Good luck.

I had never heard of it before but from reading they said it was like New Zealand's version of Peanut Brittle minus the peanuts and made with golden syrup instead of corn syrup.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CandiesJanuary 13, 2010
Ingredient Substitutions
Common Ingredient Substitutions
Recipe Cards
Using Recipe Cards
preparing a recipe
Converting the Size of a Recipe
Welbilt Bread Maker
Finding Welbilt Bread Maker Recipe Books