Travel Tips for New Mexico

I am looking for suggestions (best time to visit, best sights to see, best places to stay) when visiting New Mexico from other travelers to the state or those living in New Mexico.

Thank you,
Ba Rok

Best Answer

I just love the state of New Mexico! I have lived all my life in Texas, but if I ever can, I want to move to Carlsbad, NM. The caverns of Carlsbad are just stunning, and if you go in the summer, you can see the large bat family come out at evening to feed! Also try and go up into the mountains, the Five Star Point is just breathtaking! We did our own sightseeing, and found beautiful clear pools of water in the oddest places, so peaceful and quiet. The whole area has just a beauty and peace that is fantastic. I so loved to see the desert and in the background, towering snow capped mountains. I hope you enjoy the beauty of the desert in New Mexico, we sure did!

Best Answer

If you are a member of AAA I would go there and ask for a tour book on New Mexico.They supply travel books at no charge to AAA members.It will list all kinds of things to do as well as places to stay,eat,points of interest as well as maps.

If you are not a member go to your local book store and browse the travel section and read the tour books about New Mexico.

i love new mexico summer is definately the best time to visit "because i said so" quoted by the great me