Use Dry Erase Calendars to Track Activities

Saw this at a friend's house and I intend to have it ready in my home before school starts:

Purchase 3 dry-erase calendar boards. Fill out three months at a time; the current month, and the next two. Write in dates of all activities. You can use color coded markers for each family member, if you wish. Hang the three boards on the wall, with the current month on top, the other two below. Now you will always have a place to put current and future events.

Of course, at the end of the current month, simply move up the next two on the wall, and make a new one for the next month. I couldn't believe how easy this looked and can't wait to get mine up. Gone will be the calendars for each activity, etc. Everything in one place!

By kljohn from Crawford, CO

Cool idea if you have the wall space. You can also buy the dry erase calendar sheets which would stay up easier possibly. ... ping_engine&utm_source=jellyfish

Wish I'd thought of this method when I was tracking activities (sports, choir and drama) for 5 teenagers!

I like the color-coding idea, and I'd add that each person should be responsible for marking their own activities. Include pertinent info like time, of course.

Example: Friday, December 20, HS holiday concert. Kids arr 6:30 PM." Or, Saturday, April 14, "Dustin track meet Tecumseh, 9:30 AM." Or, "Jess vocal competition Middle School, 11:00 AM." Family stuff in one color, Dustin's another (like red,) Jess's another (like purple.) Use whatever amount of detail works and/or will fit.

I use a similar way to keep my calendars. I use a large dry erase one for the current month. I keep 3 different colored dry erase pens (they have magnets on one side) that I use for different types of things. One color for doctor appointments, another color for expected deliveries or things like that, and the other color for birthdays, anniversaries, and such.

For the next months, I buy a smaller inexpensive calendar that each month just rips off. For appointments, birthdays, or whatever that come up for that month or future months I use small post-it notes and stick it on those dates. At the beginning of the next month, I update the dry erase board first, referring to the smaller one for important dates.

After updating that one I just rip off the current month on the smaller calendar. This way even if something comes up several months later (especially appts and birthdays/anniversaries), I still have a simple way of remembering because I can use the post-its to mark those important dates.

Along about July or August I buy a second calendar similar to my smaller one in case I get appointments after the end of the year.

Dry Erase Calendars for Your Home
Using Dry Erase Calendars for Your Home
Organizing MiscellaneousAugust 9, 2010
Printable advent calendar.
Printable Advent Calendars
Dry Erase Markers
Removing Dry Erase Marker from a Couch
Dry Erase Markers
Reviving Dry Erase Markers
birthday countdown tile
Making a Dry Erase Count Down Tile