Freezer Jam Is Grainy and Sugary

I made raspberry freezer jam. It set up very nicely and tastes very good; however, it is grainy and sugary. What can I do?

By Cheryl from Mexico, MO

Answers

I'm not sure about what to do about the grainy part, but I do know that if you let the sugar sit with the raspberry crushed fruit for an hour, stirring every fifteen minutes, you shouldn't have a problem. I do this with strawberry freezer jam and it works beautiful. My grandmother makes jam all the time and this is what she told me to do. Good Luck!

Food and Recipes Recipes Condiments Jam & JellyAugust 8, 2010
A slice of toast with grape jelly on it.
Grape Jam Recipes
Chocolate fudge with nuts on a white plate on red plaid tablecloth.
Preventing Grainy Fudge
Blackberry Jam Recipes, Jar of blackberry jam on a plate with fresh blackberries.
Blackberry Jam Recipes
A bowl of fig jam and some fresh figs.
Fig Jam Recipes
🎉
🎄