Freezer Jam Is Grainy and Sugary

I made raspberry freezer jam. It set up very nicely and tastes very good; however, it is grainy and sugary. What can I do?

By Cheryl from Mexico, MO

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I'm not sure about what to do about the grainy part, but I do know that if you let the sugar sit with the raspberry crushed fruit for an hour, stirring every fifteen minutes, you shouldn't have a problem. I do this with strawberry freezer jam and it works beautiful. My grandmother makes jam all the time and this is what she told me to do. Good Luck!

Food and Recipes Recipes Condiments Jam & JellyAugust 8, 2010
A slice of toast with grape jelly on it.
Grape Jam Recipes
Chocolate fudge with nuts on a white plate on red plaid tablecloth.
Preventing Grainy Fudge
Blackberry Jam Recipes, Jar of blackberry jam on a plate with fresh blackberries.
Blackberry Jam Recipes
A bowl of fig jam and some fresh figs.
Fig Jam Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 21, 2017 at 10:32:41 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.