Gold Finches!

I just love my Gold Finches! I keep food out year round for them They are a wonder the way they change colors with the seasons! During the winter they change from their bright and wonderful yellow to I guess you can say a "sparrow like" coloring. Here is one of my favorites, so far this year, that I took looking out my door to one of the feeders in the backyard.

Gold Finches

By Rose from Zion, IL

Such a neat picture!! The color is so pretty!!! We don't have any trees in our yard--few shrubs---just wondering on how you attract them?? When we first moved to our place we spotted alot of bluebirds, but haven't seen any for awhile. Kind of miss seeing the different birds and all their color!!!

Gorgeous. Certain flowers attract certain birds. My son-in-law planted zinias up his front walk way and they attracted the gold finches and he has had them ever since. Did you consciously do anything to attract them? There is a every other month magazine Birds and Blooms by Reiman Publications you might enjoy as it lists these specific items.

To attract birds to your yard, you need feeders for seed, birdhouses for nesting, and a birdbath for water (both drinking and bathing). Since you have no trees, use poles/posts to mount them. I have lots of trees, but mount most of my birdhouses and feeders on 8' posts.

what a wonderful picture...I luv watching birds and bats. A friend has an oriole feeder at her home and I got to see the male & female the last time I was there and the male looked rite in at was so kewl.....nature is so beautiful and its great to slow down and watch them.....thanx for sharing :0)

I have, over the years, planted so many different flowers and plants to attract birds, butterflies and such. They "rotate" through the seasons in blooming. The cone flowers I leave out during the winter as the finches LOVE eating them during that season. Most of my suggestions on planting and so forth I have gotten from Backyard habitat section of and the National Wildlife Federation. Oh and my brother made bat houses (4) that are in the woods by the house here off where they are 'secluded from the daily traffic. I would say they are there with the 'presents' that have dropped underneath them LOL ...Rose

Photos WildlifeJuly 12, 2006
Fledgling Beige Bengalese
Breeding Society Finches
Bengalese Finches
Breeding Bengalese Finches
A shiny pile of gold chains, rings and other jewelry
Cleaning Gold Jewelry
Cash for Gold
Selling Gold Jewelry For Cash
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 18, 2016 at 2:27:38 PM on in 905 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.