Nine Layer Salad
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce, torn
- 4 cups or less fresh spinach
- 1 cup green and/or red peppers, cut into pieces
- 1 cup celery, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise (can use salad dressing)
- 1-1/2 cup Parmesan and Romano cheese, shredded
- 1 pkg. frozen peas, thawed and patted dry
- 1 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
In a large bowl, layer lettuce, spinach, green pepper, celery, and peas. Spread with mayonnaise. Combine the cheeses and bacon over the mayonnaise.
Cover and refrigerate. Mix before serving. You can serve this salad also if it sets overnight and is really delicious. My mom used to make this.
And don't forget to have your children help! It is really easy they can tear the lettuce. If they are old enough they could do the salad while you make the
It is simple, quick and not expensive.
February 14, 20090 found this helpful
I love this salad. I make it too. I like to use a whole pound of bacon on top. The salt flavor goes down in the salad overnight and mmmmmmmm makes it so yummy!!!!!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 3, 2016 at 4:30:09 PM on 10.0.2.242 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us