Making Guests Feel Welcome

Have family coming to stay overnight that you haven't seen for a while? Gather a few photos that have them in them or important ones you think they would be interested in and either make a collage from them or copy them and put them in an inexpensive photo album. Put them on the dresser or bed in their bedroom beside clean towels and washcloths. A great way to say welcome!

If you have fresh flowers to pick, put two or three in a simple vase with a simple note and set it on the nightstand; a sure way to make guests feel welcome.

The same goes when you are the guest, I carry thank you notes in my suitcase; all I have to do is fill it out and leave it on the dresser when I leave. I make bookmarks from all kinds of things and usually that is left with the note.

By latrtatr from Loup City, NE

I also fill a small basket with bath soap, body lotion, a travel-size toothbrush and tooth paste, a book (I ask beforehand, discreetly!, what topics my guest enjoys reading), some chocolate kisses for late-night snacking, and whatever else I can think of. I also make sure the bedroom or the hallway right outside the bedroom has a night lite to help guests find the bathroom during the night. My guests are always pleased with the goodies!

When I "couch-surfed" at my brother's while attending our family reunion last August, my sister-in-law did everything she could to accommodate our individual tastes and needs. It was a great trip - and I told her so. However, due to my blindness, my thank-you note went into an email. You get my thumbs up for thinking ahead for your guests!